SUBSTANTIATION OF INITIAL PARAMETERS FOR MODELS OF GEOMECHANICAL PROCESSES AT ASSESSING SAFETY OF THE MINE TUNNELS SUPPORTING
- Parent Category: «Geotekhnicheskaya Mekhanika» Scientific papers published in 2014
- Category: Collection of scientific papers «Geotekhnicheskaya Mekhanika» Issue 119
UDC 622.831.312 : 622.862.3
Yalanskiy A.A., D.Sc. (Tech.), Senior Researcher
Sapunova I.O., Ph.D. (Tech.), Senior Researcher
Slashchov A.I., M.S (Tech.), Doctoral Student
Novikov L.A., M.S (Tech.)
(IGTM NAS of Ukraine)
Abstract. Peculiarities of specifying physical and mechanical properties for the water- and gas-saturated rocks in the geomechanical models are considered with the purpose to improve stability and safety of the tunnel supports.
Basing on the analytical findings and generalized regular changes of the rock physical and mechanical properties under the influence of such key factors of the rock breaking as loads and water and gas saturation it was stated that water saturation in the rock samples resulted in complete loss of compression resistance in 4 % of limestones, 13 % of sandstones, 62 % of siltstones and 89 % of mUDCtones, while average compression limits were reduced by 2.5-2.6 times in siltstones and mUDCtones and by 1.5 times in sandstones and limestones. Dependences between the rock uniaxial compression strength and depth of the rock occurrence were established with taking into account residual strength of the broken rocks. It was determined that rock strength was less and coefficient of variation was greater in the water-saturated rocks than in natural rocks. It was proved that variation coefficients had much greater spread of values in the water-saturated rocks than in the dry rocks. For example, this coefficient was 13.6-15.4 % greater in the water-saturated sandstones and limestones and 26.8-26.9 % greater in the clay mUDCtones and siltstones; i.e. the rock strength spread was 44-58 % greater due to the water saturation. The findings have made possible to formalize boundary conditions for computational experiments at the level of critical (the lowest possible) or averaged parameters with taking into account the rock residual strength.
modeling, geomechanics, physical and mechanical properties of rocks, water saturation, gas saturation, stress-strain state.
1. Glushko, V.T., Yamshchikov, V.S. and Yalanskiy, A.A. (1987), Geofizicheskiykontrolvshakhtakhitonnelyakh [Geophysical control in mines and tunnels], Nedra, Moscow, SU.
2. Turchaninov, I.A., Iosif, M.A. and Kasparyan, E.V. (1989), Osnovy mekhaniki gornykh porod [Fundamentals of Rock Mechanics], Nedra, Leningrad, SU.
3. Baklashov, I. V. and Kartoziya B.A.(1984), Mekhanika podzemnykh sooruzheniy i konstruktsiy krepey [Mechanics of underground constructions and structures of supports], Nedra, Moscow, SU.
4. Usachenko, B.M., Kirichenko, V.Ya. and Shmigol, A.V. (1992), Okhrana podgotovitelnykh vyrabotok glubokikh gorizontov shakht Zapadnogo Donbassa [Protection of development workings deep horizons of mines of Western Donbass], TSNIEIugol, Moscow, RU.
5. Kirnichanskiy, G.T. (1979), Issledovaniye i razrabotka metodov opredeleniya svoystv gornykh porod i matematicheskogo modelirovaniya kak osnov prognozirovaniya ustoychivosti vyrabotok [Research and development of methods for determining the properties of rocks and mathematical modeling as foundations for predicting of workings stability], Ph.D. Thesis, Mechanics of Granular Bodies Grounds and Rocks, Institute of Geotechnical Mechanics under the NAS of Ukraine, Dnepropetrovsk, SU.
6. Usachenko, B.M.(1979), Svoystvaporodiustoychivostgornykhvyrabotok [Rock properties and stability of mine workings], Nauk. dumka, Kiev, SU.
7. Ilnitskaya, Ye.I., Teder, R.I., Vatolin, Ye.S, [and others] (1969), Svoystvagornykhporodimetodyikhopredeleniya [Rock properties and methods of their determination], Nedra, Moscow, SU.
8. Ovcharenko, B.P. (1983), Mekhanizmtreshchinoobrazovaniyavkrovleugolnykhplastov [The mechanism of crack in the roof coal seams], Publishing House of Leningrad University, Leningrad, RU.
9. Glushko, V.T., Kucheba, P.K., Kushch, A.M., et al. (1974), Ultrazvukvrazvedochnomburenii [The use of ultrasound in exploration drilling], Donbass, Donetsk, SU.
10. Slashcheva, Ye.A. (2007), The elaboration of the methodic for the express-estimation the stress-strained state of rock mass around the geotechnical installation, Ph.D. Thesis, Physical processes of mining, M.S. Poljakov Institute of Geotechnical Mechanics under the NAS of Ukraine, Dnepropetrovsk, UA.
11. Alekseyev, A.D. (2010), Fizika uglya i gornykh protsessov [Physics of coal and mining processes], Nauk. dumka, Kiev, UA.
12. Zienkiewicz, О.С. (1971), Тhе Finite Element Method in Engineering Science, McGraw-Hill, New York.
13. Slaschev, I.N. (2013), “The use of information technology to increase the efficiency and safety of mining operations”, Coal of Ukraine, no. 2, pp. 40-43.
14. Slaschev, I.N., Shevchenko, V.G. and Slashchov, A.I. (2013), “Optimized information system for on-line predicting of geomechanical process behavior and ensuring proper decision-making on the mine safety”, Geo-Technical Mechanics, no. 112, pp. 129-144.
About the authors: